People want to live where it's warm, and where it's beautiful, preferably with views
of the ocean"
~Jim Gillespie
The exquisite enthralling powers of the ocean. The waves crashing distantly as you fall asleep. The aroma the sea so selflessly spreads. The power induced when in her belly. The ocean is a place everyone should be lucky enough to enjoy at some point in their lives. As a "Somerset Westian" I was spoilt by spending a glorious total of seven years living where I woke up to an unbelievable view of the ocean every day of it.
My most prized memory of the seaside is from sometime in 2002, from when I was living in Kenya. One night I was sitting on the beach with my siblings watching as the moon and the sun did their switcheroo. The gleam of the sea was so irresistible that it wasn't long before we were galloping into the water. At the time it was just a really awesome night with my new step-sisters but looking back now it was such a life influencing experience, the beauty of nature as well as the beauty of peace.
When I wake up here in my new home I am so comfortable I feel like I'm actually home and half expect to throw open the curtains to reveal the deep blue but alas for all my hoping and secret prayers she is never there. I miss seeing the all-sense-tickling majesty. I might even go as far as to admit to missing the howling Strand winds. If I had one wish it would be to be able to harness a piece of the sea and store it in a bottle just for me, so that when I have days of missing I can just sense and see the ocean everywhere I go.
No comments:
Post a Comment