"Love is the answer, but while you are waiting for the answer sex raises some pretty
good questions"
~Woody Allen
Extinct circumstantial belief that man's lust is able to suppress itself can be compared with the reality stripped minds of the conservative catholic society. A brazen manifestation of sexual innuendos and the continuous growth of tantra which only threatened the rebellious individuals the past now challenges the moral high grounds of religious practice. Can we really plead not guilty to nourishing and raising dirty minds in our youth? Can our elders truthfully declare intimacy a sin when they like us frolic in its wake?
Pleasurable addiction adorns every mind whether outspoken or dormant. The outrageous claim of pressure over incentive stuns my ever inquisitive mind. I feel the only way forward is via the people. I intend to ask males and females, aged eighteen to thirty eight whether single, in a relationship, married or divorced, religious or not, questions to gain insight into today's minds.
The base averages I came up with are as follows;
Averages
Male | Female | |
Age: | 22 | 25 |
Age when virginity lost: | 17 | 19 |
Number of partners: | 5 | 7 |
20% of the people I interviewed said that the act of sex was merely fun that didn't mean anything, half of these people were in what they characterised serious relationships. Then on the complete opposite side I found a gathering of 20% that used the words intimacy, together and love, they were all in serious relationships. The bulk of the results lay in the remaining 60% which teetered between love and lust saying that it all depended on the person in question. A young male was very precise when he said "depends on whether its love or just an action". Of these 40% were single and the remaining 20% were married.
My retort to what I presumed would be a simple question was wondering how on earth people aged twenty three and upwards are still questioning the true definition of sex but thirteen year olds are "ready" left, right and centre. People who are living together and even married are still topsy turvy about what the mating ritual truly means and yet our youth still tainted with infancy are carrying condoms in their wallets.
80% of the people I interrogated swore they would be open about all of their sexual partners to their future fiancé, bearing in mind that 50% of these people were single and 60% were under the age of twenty five. I was pleasantly surprised by people’s willingness to be so ethical. Was it because they genuinely didn’t want to start married life on a bed of lies or is it because having multiple partners is no longer something to be ashamed of. Personally I say the latter, I would go as far as to say that a number as startling as ten sexual accomplices is acceptable in the age we find ourselves stumbling into.
How can we stop our children from competing against the haste of society? The media is shoved down the throats of our innocence before toothbrushes (and in this millennium that’s saying something). The theory is that sex is forbidden and withheld hence it being the most appealing past time. If reverse physiology was installed would it alter the youth’s ardent desire to respond to their hormones? Or is the naked truth just that our hormones dictate our choices? I am aware of the fact that humans are not as intelligent as we like to believe, but to be dismissed to animalistic rituals is purely humiliating.
I remained tolerant enough to contemplate the Christian approach to sex within my research. What came across was that the youth’s promiscuity stole their childhood from them and threw him face first into a strenuous adult life style. Apparently the Bible partook in the practice of marriage as a tactic to improve society by avoiding diseases as well as emotional grief. “The body is a temple and it just makes sense” was the adult Christian woman’s perspective.
I delved a little deeper into the adolescent’s sexual behaviour in order to find an impartial opinion and found that besides the evident concern of pregnancy, “Studies have found that engaging in sex leaves adolescents, especially girls, with higher levels of stress and depression” (Wikipedia). In America they are only teaching abstinence sex education in order to try and control the teenagers and their sexual appetites.
So in theory sex is a glorious past time. It brings delicious reverberations as well as the factual evidence of it reducing the risk of prostate cancer, improving sense of smell, increasing immunity and reducing stress. In practice however we are dealing with a whole re-invented kettle of fish. It brings emotional trauma, destitute yearning, risk of sexually transmitted diseases and pregnancy; none of which are a pretty reality.
My personal opinion is an illegitimate bastard bred of morals and youthful thirst. I think that whilst holding out until marriage is an unnecessary quest, knowing what a condom is (never mind using one) at the age of thirteen is nauseating. Basically, enjoy being young but don’t rape your childhood of naivety, it isn’t worth it. As for the rapid degradation of society’s view on the subject, we can’t stop the constant transformation of the world so just take the time to raise your young to have integrity and hope to God that if they learn anything from you, they learn that.
No comments:
Post a Comment