8 September 2011

Goodbyes

"Character is that sum total of moments we can't explain"
~George Saunders


"I really hate to let this moment go
Touching your skin and your hair falling slow
When a goodbye kiss feels like this

Don't you wanna stay here for a while?
Don't you wanna hold each other tight?
Don't you wanna fall asleep with me tonight?

Let's take it slow, I don't wanna move too fast
I don't wanna just make love, I wanna make love last
When you're up this high, its a sad goodbye"


I have come to realise that if I allowed my fear of goodbyes to control me I would never get new chances to say hello. People come and go, memories are forever. Whoever you meet and share with, you carry a piece of them with you always, they may be gone but never lost. I challenge you to say hello, to take the risk and to enjoy every second without thinking about the fact that sometime, whether soon or not it will be time to say goodbye. Valuable lesson I was taught by a soul passing through my life. Something I am grappling with but adapting to. Thought for the day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment