27 July 2011

Wheres that damn silver bullet?

“I've got a great ambition to die of exhaustion rather than boredom”
~Thomas Carlyle
Uncontrollable ramblings when in a mentally distorted state would run a high risk of being nonsensical although I suppose if composed in the correct fashion they could carry with them a whimsical air.
Mentality appears to have a perturbed manner of operation once the brain has been dutifully active for more than twenty four hours especially when on as little snooze fuel as I am. My geek-a-meter is rapidly falling into the dangerously brain dead statistic and my usual avid command of the English language is far from where it usually is.
In other news; the book I am currently immersed in is brilliant [An Unquiet Mind – Kay Redfield Jamison] and my seat buddy (Mr. 17A) is a lovely character who I have learnt adores food and has respect for the almighty Plato.
Exhaustion is kicking me in the face, knocking my teeth out. Must find matches, must elevate eyelids, must stay alive...I mean awake. The urgent call for medical assistance in the rear of the flying vehicle muddled my brain.
People are stirring, starting to mumble and stretch, time to hunt for the conversation of a lifetime....or just good enough to keep me awake will do just fine. (Mr. 17A falls back asleep *sigh*).
COFFEE will resume its position as my lover if it seduces me with its beautiful aroma now.
Now.
Now.
Now?
Jetlag is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment