"Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true." ~ Leon J. Suenes
Inside everybody's soul there is a personalised candle, one that glows day in and day out as long as your heart is pumping life around your body. Inspiration feeds the small flame but it only rears up and thrashes around madly for things that make your body shake uncontrollably with an overdose of inspiration. Every individual's drug is intimate to them and who they are.
My enlightenment, the slice of heaven that makes me smile like I've never smiled before is seeing other people's joy and success. When I was younger, if someone achieved something wonderful I would be disappointed that I hadn't done so first, that’s not to say I wouldn't be thrilled for them - because I would...I would just wear a smile that was part flesh, part plastic. Whereas now if someone I care for reaches a monumental point in their life I am so unexplainably ecstatic that people are taken aback when they learn it isn't due to my own advancement.
About a week or so ago a dear friend of mine (who wasn't dealt the best hand of life cards) got to a point that not only increased his confidence but also fuelled his hunger for success. He managed to single-handedly purchase his first car. A dream he has been working for and has turned into a reality by relying solely on himself. I was so full of pride for him that my heart swelled to the size of my head and that flame in my soul licked the roof of the skull. That queasy but also magical mixture of disbelief and pure happiness is a sensation I am lucky to have experienced but when seeing a friend so dear swimming in a pool of multi-coloured custard (I like colours and custard a lot a lot a lot a lot) the sensation had four hundred multiple orgasms - the only explanation is; high on life.
There is of course a flip side as there is to everything; every pretty face must have an asshole. When you watch somebody's zest for life flicker down to a suffocated spark, when you realise that intelligent person you watched develop has settled into a comfort zone (whether physically, mentally, emotionally or spiritually). Watching someone you love, who was destined for greatness shrug their shoulders and tumble haphazardly into a world you know isn't one that stimulates or challenges them. Seeing someone's dreams become fairy tales because they never took the opportunities they had or could have created. Easiest and yet most mind blowingly painful method to breaking my heart.
Everyone is different, everyone gets inspiration in a variation of ways and everyone makes their own decisions and ultimately, their own destinies.
I don't know about inspiring people, I try my upmost to live my life and tackle my hurdles in what I believe is the best way for me and if that in any way gives someone the push they need to follow their dreams or gives them a valid example of how not to live their life, as long as it aides in the process, I'm happy. If I can be even a drop of Energade for someone else's soul, I'd die content.
ALWAYS encourage uncontrollable wild fires in people's souls, whether friend or foe and be open enough to allow outside influence to fuel your fire.
There are so many unfortunate men and women who are held back by disabilities or horrific poverty and even they have the strength to fight to make their dreams come true and to keep sharing what light they do have with everyone they can.
Share the light.
Share the laughter.
Share the love.

No comments:
Post a Comment